A very big thank you to Ambition in the City for nominating Evolving Yogi for the Versatile Blogger Award. I’m always so flattered and pleasantly surprised when this happens. It’s like a little pep rally. Thank you! And please check out her blog. She’s got a couple of wise nuggets going on there.
So here are the rules and I’m going to tweak them a little…
1. Display the Award Certificate on your blog
2. Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
3. Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award (I’m doing 5).
4. Link your nominees in the post and let them know about their nomination with a comment.
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself (I’m doing 5).
- When I was a kid I took baton twirling lessons (pic included because it’s unbelievable even to me). Why? I have no idea. We moved from Hawaii to Seattle and I have to believe this was my mother’s idea and was one of the only indoor activities that was available. What kid born in the 1970’s asks to learn how to twirl a baton???
- A few years ago I made a career transition and didn’t tell my family about it for a year. Well, you readers of this blog know how much I love Oprah. When she was ending her show they asked viewers to tell them about how Oprah has influenced us. I wrote in gushing about how she shaped the vision for the writer I want to be. Yeah – little did I know they were collecting this for a special commemorative magazine and I was chosen to appear in the issue. Stupid passion…I outed myself! But somehow an ounce of fame made my family more accepting of my news. A bombshell was wrapped in a bow. It was a blessing for me at least. 🙂
- I have OCD for office supplies, especially paper and pens. Like I will not write/edit anything I’m working on without whatever specific combination I’m feeling at the time and because of this I even travel with an assortment of pens (like 7). Especially on international travel, when someone asks to borrow one, I’ll lend it but I make sure I get it back.
- I don’t have a favorite of anything. My favorite thing is variety so I can never pick just one superlative (music, food, cities, drinks). I like change and to mix it up!
- I cannot stand Jane Austen’s writing! Maybe I smacked myself in the head with my baton at an early age but it was excruciating for me to get through “Pride and Prejudice.” I also tried “Vanity Fair” and “A Tale of Two Cities” and neither happened. I just can’t do the Old English thing…
I’d like to nominate the following blogs who always give me a little pick me up or insight just when I need it:
2. Just Sylph
5. “I Am” Yoga